Do you feel like you need inspiration to get back into cooking?
When I find myself in a "rut", unmotivated to cook, I always go back to the basics.
Simple cooking: very few ingredients, simple preparation methods, easy recipes....better yet, no recipes....
So I am posting my 2-ingredient Instant Pot Broccoli Chicken Dinner along with simple instructions for cooked millet on the side.
This dinner will take 115-20 minutes total to prepare, of which only 10 requires your hands-on involvement.
Can it get any simpler and easier than this?
One step at a time.....the rut will pass, you just have to weather the storm:)
Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Dinner with Millet
1 organic chicken breast (or thighs or combination), cut into small slices or pieces
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1/4 lb bag of organic frozen broccoli
Sea salt and spices, to taste
1) Set Instant Pot on sauté setting. Add oil and heat.
2) Add chicken and sauté for 2 minutes.
3) Add frozen broccoli and stir.
4) Sprinkle with salt and spices. Toss with a spatula
5) Close lid, set vent to SEALING position and set on the MEAT setting. Manually adjust timer to 10 minutes.
1 cup organic millet, rinsed (if possible, soak overnight in large bowl of filtered water with 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar)
2 cups of homemade/organic chicken broth OR filtered water
1) In a medium pot, bring water/broth to boil over high heat.
2) Add millet, stir and reduce heat to simmer. Cover with lid.
3) Cook covered for about 10-15 minutes. Then pull off heat source and let it sit for another 5 minutes with the lid on.
4) Fluff with fork. Season with salt, pepper.
If you want to jazz it up a bit, add some raisin, slivered almonds and cinnamon for a Middle Eastern flavor:)
For paleo/grain-free option: substitute cauliflower rice!
Stay happy and healthy,