If you are looking for a simple recipe for Snickerdoodle cookies, look no further!
With only 8 ingredients, a paleo option and 10 minutes of baking time, these are a breeze to make, even if you get in the mood for Christmas baking late in the evening!
Easy enough to make with kids and get into the Holiday mood together!
Here is the recipe:
GRAIN-FREE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES (PALEO OPTION)
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
5 tablespoons butter softened OR for paleo: coconut oil OR palm shortening
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) Mix butter/coconut oil/palm shortening with honey and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
3) Sprinkle on top dry ingredients (almond flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar). Mix together until it forms a ball.
4) Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Scoop dough by the tablespoon, roll into a ball, place on cookie sheet and flatter with palm to desired thickness. Sprinkle with cinnamon (and some coconut sugar if you want).
5) Bake for 8-12 minutes until edges a golden brown.
6) Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cool completely. They will harden as they cool.
Stay happy and healthy,